Access: unlimited forever, you can watch this workshops as many times as you want from anywhere in the world.
Are you ready for an ultimate challenge? If you made some mosaics on your own and want to advance your skills to the next level, if you are looking for a detailed in-depth instruction with an abundance of tips and explanations, this workshop is for you!
"Peony Mosaics" is an ultimate workshop that shows you the entire process of making the Peony from start to finish. In the process you will learn how to:
- choose and edit your design in Google Photos or Apple Photos, and a demo on how to do it in a Photoshop
- create an underpainting (optional step)
- work on a larger scale: this project is 20"x23" in size
- design transfer methods
- choose substrate
- choose appropriate colors and build a color library and a color gradient
- cut glass into brush-stroke style cuts
- appropriately use and maintain tools
- draw out andamento
- work using "direct method" by gluing tiles directly onto a board
- shade the petals
- work on the background
- mix grouts and pigments and grout in multiple colors
- frame your piece
This intermediate to advanced level workshop is about the process, both, creative and mosaic-making. Through demos and featured work-times Yulia Hanansen showcases how her thought process guides her through creating a mosaic project.
"Peony Mosaics" features close to 4 hours of detailed instructions, hands-on demos, and viewing time. This workshop will put you on a path of working on your art independently.
Once purchased, this workshop is for you to keep forever.
Note: this workshop is for intermediate and advanced level students. If you never made mosaics before it is recommended that you take "Stained Glass for Beginners" workshop first (see other workshops on this website).
In-person value of this 1-week long workshop is $600, plus materials.